Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Kiehl's Skin Rescuer & Micro-Blur Review



You know how you go through phases of being obsessed with something? I am now completely obsessed with skincare. I've always been super lazy with my skincare. I know, it's really important blah blah blah but if you're coming home at 4am most days like I am, then my skin's lucky if I take last nights make up off.


Now a Kiehl's has opened a store in my city HOW CAN I RESIST. HOWWWW. 
I was left alone in this store for literally 10 minutes and I cracked. 
It's crazy to think Kiehl's started 150 years ago and still keeping up with modern skin needs. 


Skin Rescuer £29.50 75ml


This little cream is supposed to minimise the appearance of stressed and tired skin. It's labelled as a 'daily hydrator' which I think is fancy talk for moisturiser. 
My skin is often under a lot of stress under a daily basis. Not going to lie; I'm not really sure what skin fatigue looks like but my skin definitely looks healthier and has a nice sheen to it. 

It feels a little thin when it comes out, you could probably get away with one generous pump for the whole face. It smells amazzzzzzing though, like a floral suncream. 
I will say it didn't make my skin feel any softer. It's more to do with how your skin looks than how it feels. For £30 a pop I'd like it to do something to the feel of skin. It's thin texture is nice though, it sinks in easy and doesn't leave you with greasy fingers. 


Micro-Blur £23.00 30ml


This is 100% the most expensive thing I have ever bought compared to how much you get. I regret not testing it in store and just picking it up. I pulled it out the box and wow it doesn't even feel full. (Although it obviously was)
It minimises pores and claims to improve your skins quality in the long run. It reminds me of Benefit's porefessional. It comes out a nude but then blends in. It has the same, almost chalky feel when rubbed in. It doesn't mattify the skin at all though, which professional does. 



All in all I am in love with Kiehl's products but their prices do require a bit of thought and testing. To make sure you're really getting your money's worth. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin